When: Friday & Saturday, March 28-29, 2014
The Fast: 6:00pm Friday to 6:00pm Saturday
Students in Grades 7 – 12
1. Commit to the 30 Hour Famine and start raising money, in person or online! (Must turn in the Famine Consent Form!)
2. Join us Mar 28-29. Start fasting at 12 noon on Friday (3/28) – no food! (or choose something else if you have dietary concerns!)
3. Meet at church 6:00pm Friday, March 28. We will spend the night at church together.
4. Spend the morning and afternoon at a service project, learning about world hunger, spending time listening to God, and tons of games and activities!
5. Saturday at 6pm, we will break the fast together with a simple meal together and will be done around 7:30pm.
The Famine is our chance to make a difference, to put our faith into action and do something about hunger. Will you help us in this challenge? Together we’ve set a goal, and every $35 we raise will help feed and care for a child for a month! Will you help us reach our goal this year?
Thanks for sponsoring us to go without…so others can eat.
During the Famine, we will be giving up food for 30 hours to get a small taste of what millions face each day around the world. And yes, you read that right? Teenagers…not eating. Pretty crazy, huh?
We know it won’t be easy, but it’ll be worth it. We’re determined to do OUR part to help make hunger a part of history-not the present. We refuse to stand around while nearly 8,000 children under age 5 die every day because of hunger-related causes-that’s one child every 10 seconds. We’re NOT okay with this.
In the time leading up to our 30 hours of fasting, we’ll get a crash course in global hunger and come face to face with the realities of poverty and injustice. We will make a global impact by learning about the hunger crisis, and raising money to do something about it! During Famine weekend (on empty stomachs mind you), we’ll be working in our community, doing service projects to make a local impact, too!