1911 – Swedish Mission Society was organized in Detroit after Oscar Palm wrote to a Swedish-American newspaper called Missions Wannen and asked for the addresses of other people of Swedish descent who were living in Detroit at the time.
1914 – The church was chartered with 16 members; the Swedish Mission Church of Detroit. The church met in the evening because so many of the members were employed as domestics and had to work on Sunday mornings.
1916 – We purchased the 14th Street Baptist Church at 14th & Antoinette in Detroit and finally had a building of our own.
1943 – Moved to Dexter & Davison in Detroit and changed the name to The Evangelical Covenant Church of Detroit.
1951 – Thirty-seven members left to become charter members of a new daughter church in Dearborn.
1980 – Moved to our present location and became Faith Covenant Church.
2002 – Sent 35 members to daughter a church in Novi.