1.7 million kids need Christmas, and they need to know Jesus loves them.
Prison Fellowship’s Angel Tree is the largest national ministry tp reach out to the children of inmates and their families with the love of Christ. By connecting incarcerated parents with their children through the delivery of gifts at Christmas, you help brighten the lives of hundreds of thousands of children. Your support shares with these kids a message of love from their parents and the true meaning of Christmas — the Good News of Jesus Christ. For more information: http://www.AngelTree.org
- These children did not ask for their situation, they just have to live with it somehow.
- As Christ’s hands and feet, we buy the presents, wrap them, and deliver them in the name of the prisoner
- Each child gets 2 presents, a clothing or practical gift and a fun gift, such as a toy. Each gift should be in the range of $20 – $25 in value.
What Can You Do?
– Pray: For the families receiving gifts, for the team coordinating this process, and for the inmates who are away from their families.
– Buy a gift: Pick up a tag for a child in Fellowship Hall between services. Return the wrapped gift(s) to church by December 6.
– Be an Emergency Shopper! Be on call for last minute shopping, to make sure each child receives gifts.
– Wrap Presents: Last minutes presents means last minute wrapping.
– Donate: If tags are not taken, we will buy gifts. We will also be making a bulk coat order. Donations will be taken at the Angel Tree center in Fellowship Hall.
– Sign up to deliver presents to the families December 16.
You can also contact the church office to sign up to buy a gift for a child.
Delivering the Gifts
Date: Saturday, December 16, 2017
Sign Up in Fellowship Hall on Sunday in between the services.
Deliver between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm, in teams of at least two persons per vehicle. Occasional need for earlier or later delivery.