City Covenant Church Hot Meal Program Needs
City Covenant Church is serving up to 150 hot meals per day in the community and nearby nursing homes. They partner with Forgotten Harvest, but have many other needs to supplement the meals. Here is a list of their current needs:
• Styrofoam compartment containers – 550-600 per week
• Full size foil pans
• Heavy duty black contractor bags (not liners)
• Plastic grocery bags – 550-600 per week
• Cases of water
• Large cans of corn, sweet potatoes, peas, greens
• Meat – There is a huge need for meat right now (Chicken leg quarters, wings, pork chops, ground beef) They would appreciate cases of meat or monetary donations to purchase meat. Meat donations can only be accepted on August 11 and not prior to August 11.
Ways Faith can support their ministry
1. Tuesday, August 11 from 1 – 2pm: Lynne will be at Faith accepting donations. If you need to leave something at the church that morning, please place it in a plastic bag clearly labeled for City Covenant. Place it by the front door. Please do not leave anything prior to August 11.
2. Order items online at Gordon Food Service at the Orchard Lake/13 Mile Farmington Hills store.
…• Click HERE
…• Create a HOME ORDERING account
…• LOCATION = Farmington Hills, Orchard Lake
…• CART NAME = Faith Covenant
…• PICK UP = August 11, 2:00 – 3:00pm (they give hour windows)
…• Minimum order = $30
…• Inform firstname.lastname@example.org that there is an order in your name for pick up
3. Porch Pickup: contact Lynne and she can stop by your house to pick up your donations.
4. Give online directly to City Covenant HERE
Questions? contact Lynne Wasiak